Sunday, June 14, 2009


Sunday
I've been enjoying the company lately of a few "gars" I've met since arriving: Alexandros, Adrien, and Samuel (who i've mentioned before). I really do have a blast hanging out with them, and it's going to be hard to say goodbye when the time comes in May. But i've got just over 3 months so I need to take every day for what t's worth and push it in the right direction. Being here has forced me to ponder what I'm going to do after I graduate. I need to start getting my name out there and looking for internships or the like. I do feel a little behind in that area, but again, I do have 1 year left before it really gets to be "crunch" time. I'll be 21 in 5 months. I feel like an invisible hand is pushing me to hurry up and accomplish something...but I don't know where I want to begin! One thing's for sure, it won't be Michigan- not with the way the economy is right now. Also after having experienced this beautiful weather in winter, I know I don't have to suffer the Michigan cold if I don't want to.

I start my "new" classes tomorrow, at 8 a.m.. I don't mind really, having to wake up early. At least my classes are usually done by 12:30 and I have the whole rest of the day to myself. I've been using the days running hrough centre ville, usually when the sun is at its peak. I'm going to start looking for new routes to take to avoid breathing the exhaust from all the cars downtown- there are some gorgeous walkways right down next to the Doubs river that I'm thinking of claiming as my new path.

Saturday
I just moved to Arlette's beautiful home at Fort du Bregille. I'm at the top of a very picturesque hill in a fairly large complex with 4 levels. My bedroom is on the first floor right next to the front door. I have a bathroom all to myself (yes!) The second floor is the living room, kitchen, laundry room, and patio (I'm sure when the weather gets a bit warmer I'll be spending ample time up there). One can see basically the entirety of Centre Ville, the CLA, and then some. I'm really appreciating the change in atmosphere! I did enjoy myself chez Francoise, but she was often at work or visiting her friends. I think this new place will be a very healthy change.

No comments:

Post a Comment