Sunday, June 14, 2009

Besancon, France- January 9th, 12th, & 13th 2008



I got up early this morning. By the end of the day, I'm just exhausted because of all the walking we've done! Francoise's house is far from the bus route, so I have to walk to the Centre de Linguistique Appliquee (where we have our classes) on foot. I have a lot of congestion this morning, no idea why. "Les soldes" or the big sales start downtown today, I'm probably going to buy a new winter coat! I hope I can find one without spending too many Euros. Yesterday, my my check finally came in the mail- I've waited way too long to get it. Now, I'm waiting for my USB key to arrive, as well as the European cell phone she said she'd let me borrow. What a blessing to have family that's lived in Europe before!


January 12th, 7:07 p.m.
It was a long walk to the house after shopping with Chad, Katie, and Andy. Earlier today, the four of us met up at Pont Battant (the bridge leading to Centre Ville over the Doubs river). Katie, Chad, and Andy all bought phones to use here as I still wait for my aunt's to arrive in the mail. My uncle told me he sent his out today, so hopefully it'll arrive soon.



January 13th, 2:47 p.m.
Today was very slow. I got up at 8:45, took a shower, ate breakfast, and checked my e-mail. After, I couldn't do my homework because my attention span forbade me to do it. So, I had a very long walk- almost 4 hours by myself. I don't think the others are together now, they're probably at their respective host families. Something I've learned today: NOTHING at all is open on Sundays! It was so hard to find a map of Besancon because all the stores were closed. Maybe Sunday is just a "stay-home" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment