Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 2




Today (day 2) we visited the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and l'eglise St. Sulpice. I stopped at every magazine store possible looking for FUSAC, the French-USA-Connection magazine with classified ads so I can look for possible babysitting jobs. I would love a way to earn extra Euros while here so I can feel better about buying things I don't necessarily need.

7:28 p.m.- 1/06/08
I arrived at my host mom's (chez Francoise) an hour ago. She is so nice! Her house is beautiful and comfortable to boot. I was just at the Hotel du Nord with the other students when Francoise came and picked me up. She was the first person to come. We left in a hurry- it seemed like she was in a rush. I met one american student living with Francoise named Marta who comes from Boston, and another named Ashley from Nebraska. In a few minutes, we'll be eating!

(same day)
We just ate a big dinner: homemade soup, salad, bread and cheese with ham, and cake for the fete du roi (a French tradition in which families buy almond cakes or other flavors (ours had marzipan) and whoever gets the piece with the toy inside is the "king!") I just learned that we don't say "je suis pleine" when we don't want to eat anymore. We say instead "J'ai assez mangé". The former means one is with child. Good to know!


No comments:

Post a Comment