Sunday, June 14, 2009

2/19/08- So I know i've probably mentioned before, but Besançon is beautiful and it will pain me when I have to leave. I am so grateful to be here in general, but especially because the weather is like Spring right now, and back home it's apparently freezing. What can you expect for Michigan weather, though...

Some of My Favorite Things (So far)
1. The steel drum tone in the airports and at the train station.
2. The Citadel lit up at night.
3. My beautiful walk on the way to the Centre de Linguistique Appliquée.
4. Centre Ville's proximity to both my house right now & Arlette's (The second host family I'll be living with starting March 1st).
5. Comté cheese, the ability to buy wine, Nutella, crêpes, fresh bread
6. The French accent :melts:
7. Hearing accordions. It just feels so appropriate.
8. Living right next to the Doubs river.

9. Les Soldes!! :)
10. My cultural knowledge which has significantly increased!
11. Did I mention the beautiful language?
12. Our neighbor and his tendency to bring over loaves of dessert bread with Marzipan in the middle, mmm! (p.s.- He also has two hens that run freely in his front yard).
13. Sending postcards/getting letters!
14. Seeing the stars, uncovered by clouds.
15. Laughing at Tecktonik! (The techno-inspired dance style quite popular amongst the young French adults that involves planted feet and lots of arm movement).
16. Buying souvenirs for people.
17. Spending Euro in general.
18. Making unforgettable friendships

19. Bar de l'U, brasserie 1802 (where I spend most of my time & Euro thanks to free WiFi and Erasmus nights!)

-Madeleine Bien

No comments:

Post a Comment