Thursday, December 3, 2009

Paris tomorrow ... :)

I'm happily preparing for my second visit to Paris this year. My sister called last night, just as I was about to fall asleep, and with this wonderful surprise I woke right back up in excitement to hear from her. Hearing family over the phone is so, so different from just talking to family over e-mail. She called to let me know she's safe in Paris in the studio, and she's planning our weekend as I write this. I'm taking the train early tomorrow morning (6:20 a.m.) and I have to change trains twice before arriving in Paris- once in Marmande and again in Bordeaux. Not fun- but at least I got a steal when buying my tickets. I got them about a month ago, and, not taking into account that I had a class Friday morning, booked the earliest train. This morning I got to awkwardly explain to Marie-José (whose class I help with on Friday mornings) that I bought the tickets without thinking and that I'd be missing her class unless I changed my train until later. She gave me a frank "ça m'est égal" (I don't mind) and said that it should be okay if I miss the one class. Yay! I do still feel like a doof, though, for having forgotten about class Friday morning. :-/

I packed very light because I'd asked Michelle to pack some things from home I'd forgotten (or just decided after arriving that I would need). It turns out that I hadn't as much an opportunity to wear my shorts and skirts as I was hoping, but maybe around March and April the weather will be a bit warmer. Still, for December, the weather is not that bad. We had a bit of rain earlier today but it was absolutely bearable. I just stayed inside and read my bande-dessinées (comic books). I'm really addicted to them. Wondering who back home might like one as a gift from me...

No comments:

Post a Comment