Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009...in 22 photos.

Because 22 years is how old I turned this year, I decided to sum up my year in 22 special photos, in no particular order. Enjoy!

1. Kalamazoo, MI- An anniversary party was held chez 808 to remember our time studying abroad in Besancon.

2. Visits from Michelle were always "a treat" (forgive the horrible pun)

3. Going to Chicago with Kristina, Sarah and Andy and staying in a ritzy hotel for a few nights made us feel like celebrities!

4. St. Patrick's Day festivities at the campus bar were held immediately after class was done. They didn't stop there.

5. Moving out of the Kalamazoo house marked the end of a great year at WMU with amazing roommates.

6. Seeing friends play gigs at random bars in Kalamzoo was a frequent thing we did to get out of the house.

7. Sang in a choir on the side, called Accapazoo- there I met some wonderful, talented people who ended up becoming close friends.

8. Of course, getting the assistantship has to fit in here somewhere. Placed in the academy of Bordeaux (and a town a whole lot smaller than what I expected), I would begin my teaching career in France for 7months.

9. Seeing movies with friends before leaving for France was a summer hobby. (Jon and I at Emagine Novi)

10.Graduating from Western Michigan University left me a BA degree, a ticket to France, and lifelong friends. My last semester of undergraduate college, packed 21 credits full, left me with a lot of work and little time to do much else.

11. Pancakes and jazz playing make a very welcoming kitchen.

12. Trying new wines at the Wine Loft kept us sane during finals.

13. The choir reunion at Phil's house was a great time for those who once called the choir room their home.

14. Meeting Amy, my British roommate, provided plenty of entertainment, laughs and dinners spent together in France.

15.My sister coming to visit in December provided great company during the holidays.

16. I started eating meat upon my arrival in France, knowing that refusing meat in the country (especially when invited to dinner) is about as common as pigs flying. As a result, I tried some new dishes: foie gras, confit de canard, and numerous types of sausage. The list goes on, but as time passed I realized I still prefer fish over meat. I guess now you could call me a Pescetarian.

17. Went to my first circus:

18. Got to know my sister's fiance a little better:


19. Went to a peace rally in New York

20. I lived by my own means for the first time (!)

21. Spent most of the summer chez papa, working two retail jobs over the summer to save up for France

22. Taught for my first time in a foreign high school:

1 comment:

  1. I like how food merits 2 pictures :)

    The high school building looks kinda like OLSM.

    ReplyDelete